Wednesday, August 17, 2011

WITH RESPECT: Jordan Krall


Last night I had trouble falling asleep.  So, like you do, I picked up my copy of Jordan Krall's KING SCRATCH and re-read the appendixes, in anticipation of my upcoming tattoo.  And while I read, I was struck with a thought.

Strike that, I was struck with an absolute truth:

If you aren't reading Jordan Krall, you aren't reading right.

Now, I'm not just saying that because Jordan's a really good guy and a good friend, I'm saying it because he's a DAMN fine writer and one of my personal favorites.  I felt the same way about his books before I ever met him, but knowing Jordan just makes the experience all the better.  His books are well-worth your money, and after you read them you'll wonder why it took you so long to discover the glory that is KRALL.

Reading Jordan's work is like injecting creativity into the most uncomfortable places you can imagine.  It is a game-changing experience in a very real sense.  When I first read SQUID PULP BLUES, I was taken back to the feeling I had the first time I read Lansdale, or Vonnegut.  The feeling that I was in the presence of a massive imagination, yielded by a truly gifted storyteller.

So do yourself a favor.  Pick up some of Jordan's work and bear witness to one of the best in the business.  Your loyalty demands.

Jordan's books are available here: http://www.amazon.com/Jordan-Krall/e/B002BMBTXW/ref=sr_ntt_srch_lnk_1?qid=1313586523&sr=1-1

His newest book, BEYOND THE VALLEY OF THE APOCALYPSE DONKEYS, is out now from Copeland Valley Press: http://www.amazon.com/Beyond-Valley-Apocalypse-Donkeys-Jordan/dp/098715611X/ref=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1313587641&sr=1-1

And Jordan's own site, Fistful of Bizarro, is right here: http://jordankrall.wordpress.com/

With Respect,

No comments:

Post a Comment